Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Viewpoint Extra: Chanelle Hayes Sex Tape - Real or Viral Advertising?

Well, now we know the truth, and whilst I was partialy right in terms of the intent behind the video, the actual thing it was promoting was quite different to what I imagined it to be. Who would have imagined that Chanelle's partner in the video, was a furry puppet!



Incidentally, this is being reported by the Daily Star and other newspapers as showing that Chanelle is game for a laugh and happy to poke fun at the celebrity lifestyle, including her own.

My take on that is much more cynical, I'm afraid. It proves to me that Chanelle and her team knew all to well, that the timing would make great promotional capital for her reality TV show and her first single, the video I posted previously. I feel that Chanelle is much more saavy than other so called D-listers, and perhaps, just perhaps, she might just make the C-list yet. It'll take time, but she seems to be putting the work in. We'll see if she fades from view when the new housemates come into view, or whether she has more staying power than some others.

No comments: