Friday, November 09, 2007

Mobile blogging

You may have noticed that the last post looked a little strange. compared to some of the others I've written here. That's because it was written not in Blogger, as this one is, but from one of my web email addresses and sent to blogger by post, from my mobile phone.

The reason was to test if the idea of blogging from a mobile was actually feasible. I was away from the computer and didn't see the result until I got back here and viewed my blog. This will enable me to report on stories whilst I am away from my computer and on location. There are sometimes stories that I would like to blog about that are happening in front of me, but since, because I am on location, I am away from my computer, it has been impractical to try to blog about these events when I got back, sometimes many hours after the event itself.

I am happy with the test results and look forward to my first proper on location report being sent to Viewpoint at the next opportunity. Since the phone also has a camera built in, I might try to send some pictures too. Should be fun.

No comments: