Friday, October 24, 2008

The Sarah Palin fashion row

Okay, so the Republican National Committee has spent around $150,000 on a new wardrobe for Sarah Palin. And she claims that the row concerning this is sexist, saying that men in her position don't face such scrutiny.

Okay, I'll grant her that. Joe Biden certainly hasn't had that kind of scrutiny, but in all honesty this row isn't about her as a woman, it's about the Republican Party spending serious money on her outfits, the kind of money that some of us can only earn in the space of 10 years or more.

Add to that that most of us in the western world are experiencing a recession and a credit crunch, and the fact that it goes against campaign finance law, and you have all the REAL reasons why this is a story.

I wish I had $150,000 to spend, never mind the ability to spend it on clothes. Mind you, I probably wouldn't spend that much on clothes anyway. I'm just too cash-conscious.

No comments: